Dear Jack,
Today we went to the Splash Pool. You and your sister spent over and hour playing in the water, having a blast.

There is an island in the middle and you can stand all the way to and from the island. Because both you and I knew you could stand, I was able to let you swim freely and stand back and try to capture the magic that is you in the water.




I love watching you swim. I imagine that by next summer, the mystery of how to come up for a breath will be revealed to you and you will be back and forth across any pool, happy as can be.

But still, as we were there, a group of ladies were there, presumably with their older children, holding their newborns, two in arms, one in a Baby Bjorn. It reminded me of that first summer, two years ago, when you were the baby in the water sling, sleeping at the Splash Pool.
I guess I should have known by the way the sounds of splashing water lulled you to sleep that you would take to the water.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment