Dear Jack,
I love having your friends over to play. I enjoy planning the activities and getting to see what things are a hit and what are a miss. Today was our first Fun Friday and it was Water Day. We invited the Hazens, Andrew and Ava over to join us.

Everyone but Andrew liked the popsicles.

The water balloons were a big hit, especially with Peter who took one home for some reason known only to himself. (Particularly since it was 90% deflated and empty of water, but still held a bit of water and charm, apparently.)

The watermelon was a tasty treat for the three and up crowd, but you and Danielle gave it a pass.

The various water stations around the backyard were a hit for almost everyone... Danielle preferred sticking close to her mom and rearranging backyard furniture.

For the other kids, though, the pools and the water tables were great fun. Peter stuck mostly to the water table. Ava liked the pools, but they both liked the fishing game.

Andrew and your sister were thick as thieves and stuck by each other, moving quickly from one activity to another.

As for you, the best part of water day was, of course, the mud. For once I let the sand and water table be a sand AND water table. Yay!

The silliest moment of the day, though, was sitting out in the pool, under the umbrella, drinking pink lemonade, watching
Finding Nemo.

I love having the summers off with you and your sister!
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment