Dear Jack,
Some days I am amazed by your little attention span and your little hands. We had Lego Day today and not only did you participate, but aside from some frustration at little Lego visors that
would not go on as you wanted them to, you played as well as your older friends and longer than any of the others in the under six crowd.

We did have Andrew and Ava as we did last Friday, but this Friday I included Sam, my former student, and his three brothers. Obviously they were not strangers to Lego building and dove right in.

You, your sister, Andrew and Sam's brother Charles all took a break for lunch (this was after you had played for a good hour and half with the Legos already).

Then you went right back to the table to play Legos some more.

The whole process was made easier by Sam and his older brothers, Shelby and Nicholas. Nicholas in particular, was patient with you as you tried to play with him, and helped to clean up the Legos the exact way I wanted, which was
very nice.

After the Lego play, Nicholas then amazed you by getting our piano to play more melody than you had ever heard from it before... your father and I being limited to a single note at a time, with only the occasional chord for added depth of sound.

It was a really fun day, and I have to acknowledge that a lot of just-turned two year old boys would not have been able to sit as long as you did, put little Legos together as well as you did, or keep from completely wrecking other people's designs like you were able to. I am proud of you, sweet boy. Not that this is anything new, I just thought I would mention it in particular today.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment