Dear Jack,
What could be more fun than another Sea World adventure for my little marine biologist?

This time, we even got to see a
whale! You were so excited! "Whale!" you yelled and pointed every single time they swam by. "Whale!" just in case someone hadn't noticed.

And during the show? You sat in rapt attention.

We also got to see Sea Lions.

And your favorite: the aquarium.

With the heat index in the hundreds, though, we quickly decided to settle in at the water park.

You and Mrs. Ford had fun showing off your bellies.

Mostly, though, we loved, loved, loved, the wave pool and lazy river. I put you in a life jacket and away you went.



Funnily enough, all of that swimming wore you out. You were asleep before we even left the water park. Which was a good thing, because it means you were asleep before the thunderstorm started.

Mrs. Ford and I loved walking around in the rain. Your sister was less sure because the thunder kept scaring her, but mostly she didn't mind the rain all that much.

After you woke from your little stroller nap, we went to feed the dolphins, our last activity before leaving the park. It was around this time that you kept repeating a phrase that none of us could figure out. You seemed to be wanting something that started with an /h/ sound, but we couln't decide what it was. You then started saying, "I so saw-ree" which also didn't make much sense. Sorry for what? Then you changed it to a plaintive, "I eat now?" And then I knew "I'm so hungry" was what you had been trying to communicate.

So off to Cracker Barrel we went where you ate and ate and ate. Not so hungry anymore.

I think you had a wonderful day. I'm glad that we got one more Sea World trip in before the summer was over.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment