Dear Jack,
These, of course, are the Fords. You have taken to calling Jenny "my Ford" and understand that together "my Ford" and her husband make "Fords" as in, "Fords here now!" you said when you saw them in our driveway last night.
I am not sure you understand quite how literally your Ford and her husband are making "Fords" these days, but I imagine it will become clear hopefully sometime in September.

This past weekend, while you played with our new (and wonderful) sitter, Sara, your dad and I hosted a baby shower (well, two showers, really) for the Fords.

I was in charge of the ladies' shower, which was mostly traditional and very Seussical. I enjoyed planning with the Seuss theme
a lot.

I also enjoyed using the glassware your Gram had passed along. I love your Gram and her need to get rid of random things. I also love that Mrs. Ford, who shares a lot of philosophies with your Gram, particularly about finding uses for things rather than letting them go to landfills and just a touch of old fashioned sensibility that appreciates vintage things, got to be the first to use the set. I thought it was funnier when I did some research and found that the trays I thought were so charming were snack-sip-smoke trays... as in, they have a place for your snacks, your drink, and your cigarette. That would not be something your Gram or Mrs. Ford would
ever use these for.

I enjoyed making a baby blanket for Mrs. Ford and am trying, mostly unsuccessfully, to get over the fact that it is not a perfect square. I console myself with the fact that once a cute little Ford baby is wrapped up in it, not even I will notice the imperfections in the sewing.

And what were your dad and Mr. Ford doing while all of this was happening?

They were skeet shooting with the other guys. Of course.
It was what they did for Mr. Ford's bachelor party, too, coincidentally.
When you are much, much, much older, you can go with the guys to shoot skeet. But I promise you that you will have to wait your turn with the shotgun because your daddy and Mr. Ford will be taking their daughters with you and it's still ladies first, even on the range.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment