Thursday, July 21, 2011

Museum Thursday: The Palm House Museum

Dear Jack,

I have really enjoyed looking for random museums this summer. Some of them have certainly been more worthwhile than others, but the whole adventure of it has really appealed to me. Today, we were supposed to drive into Austin and go to the Bob Bullock State History Museum, but seeing how worn out you were yesterday from our Sea World adventure and knowing how much I am expecting of you tomorrow for The Last Day of Summer, I thought we could find something closer and less stressful for today.

Mrs. Ford pointed out that Round Rock, like Georgetown, has a little museum. She didn't know much about it, but thought it might be worth looking into.

The museum is also the Chamber of Commerce, and had I been looking for an afternoon worth of entertainment, it would have been a sore disappointment. Since I was looking for a 15-30 minute activity to get us out of the house and moving around enough for you to take your afternoon nap, it was perfect.

The museum had two rooms and a hallway connecting them. There was nothing whatsoever for little hands to touch, but you brought your new Schleich cow and that sufficed.

Really, you thought the whole thing was boring, and I don't blame you. Without the tactile experience, a toddler cannot really absorb much about his surroundings.

But we came, we saw. We parked three blocks away and that walk in the heat got you ready for your nap on time.

And with all we have planned for tomorrow, that was the most important thing for today.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment