Tuesday, April 12, 2011

You are MY Son

Dear Jack,

There is so much about you that I just identify with. You are my son and I see so much of me in you.

You have my range of emotions... your happy is so very joyous, your sad is so very tragic, and your angry is so very explosive.

You eat the way I like to eat... carbs, carbs, carbs, and more carbs, with maybe some cheese on top.

You love your sleep... you don't fight naps, you ask for them.

You get into a thing and have to delve into it completely... from fish to ladybugs.

And lately, I have found this that you and I have in common.

In an effort to get more protein into your carb-rich diet, I have introduced peanut butter.

I know a lot of people think peanut butter is a spread for sandwiches and an ingredient in cookies.

My family, that is, my dad's family, thinks that peanut butter is a spoon-able side. Your dad thinks this is first and foremost, somewhat disgusting, and secondly, possibly something that only diabetics, insulin-resistant carb fiends, and future type II diabetics find appealing. Since my dad's family is all of those things, I cannot argue the point with him.

But I do know that eating peanut butter with a spoon is one of the best treats ever.

And apparently you do, too.

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Healthy eating advisors are always telling people to eat a spoon of peanut or almond butter with an apple or some other carby thing as a healthy snack. Makes perfect sense. I think Jeremy is just more of a whole recipe rather than ingredient guy. I'm glad your little fellow has found some protein he likes.

    I wonder if God makes the second baby more like the mama on purpose?

    ReplyDelete