Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter 2011

Dear Jack,

Easter Sunday has come and gone once again. What a busy day! What a wonderful day!

We started off at church, the whole family.

You and your sister were so adorable in your Easter clothes. Everyone just marveled at your little suit. I understand now why people pay ridiculous amounts of money for little boy suits... they make people so happy!

So happy in fact, that I convinced your dad to take us by the Wesleyan Nursing Home. We sat in the lobby watching the fish and birds and sure enough, a dozen or so of the residents passing through had to stop and just watch you and comment on your suit. "What size is that suit?" "I didn't even know they made them that small." "He sure is a cute boy."

It's not every day that a little boy can make people smile just by being.

After church and lunch, we had our annual egg hunt with Abigail, Emelia, Sean and Ava. You hunted for the orange eggs this year and I conveniently placed all of yours in the dino pit. You found a duck in one and fruit loops and sunny bears in the rest.

It was nice to have friends over to share in the egg hunting.

And after the egg hunt was over, you and Sean concocted a plan to play in the water table... by filling it up yourselves using the play sink. I finally took pity on you boys and put some water in the table myself, but then the girls complained that the "water" table was too muddy and we finally ended the afternoon with water in the pool and the water table and everyone fishing using the magnetic poles.

What a wonderful Easter Day!


Happy Easter!


Love,
Mom

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I love how water play escalates around water babies. Jack is adorable in his little suit. I normally give Pip some autonomy in choosing his clothing, but not on Easter. I forced him into his seersucker suit, knowing he was just pitching a 2 year old hissy fit and would get over it quicker than he bemoaned it. Pip was adorable in his suit and got to cheer up a lot of old folks at church. Children have the ministry of presence down pat. Plus they are so cute in their little dresses and suits, that they spread joy unconsciously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to be so cute bombed when our kids are all in the same room together.

    ReplyDelete