Dear Jack,
Today I wanted to do an Easter craft with you and your sister and was faced with the quandary of how to structure a craft so that you could really do it yourself.

You really do have a good pincer grasp and a high ability to focus on small tasks, so I decided a collage was the way to go. I gave you one square tile and one type of material to work with at a time and you had a great time putting buttons, poof balls, ribbons, glitter and little flowers on tiles.
You even tried to do the gluing yourself.

After the tiles were done, I put blue paint on a canvas and helped you spread the paint around. I used the brush. So did you... some of the time. After we did the blue together, I put white at the top and a little bit of black at the bottom and let you smear that in to give the background some texture and interest.

This is the final product. The only square I did was the fish, and even that one, you helped with the pieces behind the fish.

Not too bad for a boy's first piece of art, is it?
Love,
Mom
Great for a first piece.
ReplyDelete