Sunday, April 3, 2011

Where Jack Likes to Be

Dear Jack,

I am starting to plan for your birthday, and I have to say, it's been a challenge to think of a place you would really like to go.

You don't like crowds, you want to be able to have complete freedom of movement, you don't like long car trips or hotel stays, you want to get messy, and you don't want to have to clean up or stop playing to leave. Ever.

There is only one place that fits all of these criteria.

It's your backyard.

I was also starting to wonder who I would even invite to your party since you really don't ask for friends by name just yet. But we had Andrew and the Hazens over this evening and while you didn't play with any of the kids in the backyard, you happily played next to Peter for quite a while and while you didn't really interact much with Andrew, other than to steal a car back from him (since obviously any car in the world is really yours), you did enjoy that Andrew occupied your sister and kept her away from your precious water table by engaging her in other tasks.

So in just over a month, I think we're going to do this again. The Hazens and Andrew, add in your grandmothers and maybe a few others, and some cake and you will have the best birthday ever.

My sweet, messy little homebody.

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Sounds so familiar. Pip is an introverted homebody. Super happy and fun to be around, but thinks herds of children are horrifyingly random and dislikes having to leave the house. I'm trying to decide where we'll have the children's party this year. (I think I've reconciled myself to the fact that having babies one day apart means joint parties for awhile at least. My cousin Tara and I, one day apart, shared several parties, and I enjoyed them.) I'm glad you have such an awesome backyard. It's as much fun as anywhere you would go anyway.

    ReplyDelete