Dear Jack,
I sat on the back porch of a very small town Texas ma and pop restaurant, watching you and your sister playing on their playground and I thought to myself, "how lucky am I to have you and your sister and your dad?"

This is how I know there is a God. Nothing I have done in my life has made me deserving of such a wonderful family, and yet here you all are.

With me. Loving me and letting me love you back. We are all healthy and our future is as secure as anyone's future on this earth can be. So many things going right in a world where nothing is guaranteed. What can we do but thank God for it all and cherish every moment?
Love,
Mom
The owners must really have a strong gift for hospitality, if you found yourself growing grateful to God just from stopping to sit a spell. Well expressed spiritual gifts always bear good fruit.
ReplyDelete