Monday, October 10, 2011

The Zoo with Robinsons

Dear John,

We had a nice day at the zoo with the Robinsons.  As with last weekend, the weather is cooling and it finally feels like fall.
You enjoyed the play around by the orangutangs again, jumping around on the chimes making music with your sister and Andrew.

You also enjoyed the reptile house, where it was feeding time, quite a bit.  I don't think I had ever noticed their big pythons before... that snake is HUGE.
 
The fish were a big hit, of course.  You and Andrew liked looking at the fish.  Sydney, I think, was involved in some sort of personal challenge to walk the edge of the rock ledge by the glass.
We also went by the playground, which we often pass by.  You loved sliding down that big slide, running around, climbing the stairs and doing it all over again. 
You also had the chance to be a beautiful butterfly.  Very cute.
I love, love, love the way you photograph in the fall.  I think almost all of my favorite pictures of you have been taken in the fall.

But then sometimes I think I felt that way about the summer, and will feel that way about you in winter and spring as well.
Is it the season, or is it my mother's eyes, that make you look so perfect to me?

Either way, you were beautiful today.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment