I love that your dad can (and does) still surprise me. The other day, he announced that he had bought ballet tickets. Not just any ballet tickets, but tickets to see three shows, including two kid oriented ones, and The Nutcracker (which I thought he really didn't like and only tolerated for my sake).
So this weekend, we were off to the first of the three ballets, Peter and the Wolf.
We dressed up, of course. I love seeing you in sweater vests.
When we got to the show, you saw that your daddy had tickets and you absolutely had to hold your own.
Ticket!
No really. From that point on, you were holding on to that ticket like it was gold. All the way through the performance and into the car.
Ticket!
I loved the way the director explained all of the things you would need to expect in the show, from the lack of dialogue, to the movements of the dancers, to the nice young man named Benjamin who would be wearing a scary wolf head, but would not actually be a wolf.
We had such a good time. I am so glad your dad decided we would like the ballet.
Love,
Mom






No comments:
Post a Comment