Saturday, October 1, 2011

Monkey See

Dear John,

You love to copy your family.  It doesn't seem to matter what we are doing, you have to repeat it.  Today, though, I found you in a particularly funny quandary.  Your sister got a new (used) bike.  She wanted to try it out and I wanted to take pictures of her riding it.

I thought you would want to ride your tricycle, but as soon as you saw me with the camera, you grabbed your camera.
Outside, I could see you enjoying taking pictures like your mama, but then you also wanted to ride bikes, like your sister.  Whom should you copy?

(Your picture of your sister on her bike.. I loved how very far away they are... the impression is that you have so much ground to cover in order to catch up with her.  I wonder if that's how you really see it.)
You wandered into the neighbor's yard and found... something.  I love these paired pictures... me taking a picture of you taking a picture of something.
After about ten minutes, though, you decided you had taken enough pictures and it was time to be like your sister and ride bikes.
I love that you don't ever really have to chose whom to emulate.  Given enough time, you take after us all.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment