Wednesday, October 19, 2011
DL
Dear John,
You are becoming more and more social and very interested in the other kids around you. This past weekend, we spent much of the day Saturday with Danielle Hazen and you were so happy to have someone littler than yourself in the house.
My favorite part, though, was that although you like Danielle and wanted to play with her and talk about her all day long, you cannot actually say "Danielle."
So all day long, I heard, "D.L."
DL, come here! I see you, DL. DL have that baby? DL took my stroller! That DL cup juice? Where DL go? Here DL is!
So adorable!
Well, halfway through the morning, your dad and I decided that "DL" would be just as happy out shopping as she was trying to wrestle that stroller away from you at the house, so off to the thrift stores we went.
You and "DL" continued to play at the thrift store. We did not find another stroller, although if we had, I would have bought it for her. Instead, Danielle got a baby carrier.
You got tinker toys and your sister got a new unicorn.
Your dad got a sports coat and I got many, many, many used games that I am happily taking pieces from for various projects involving your sister's board game themed fifth birthday.
Everybody wins!
Even Mrs. Hazen who got to do her book sales without a toddler underfoot, and Peter, who got a day alone with his mom.
I love these kinds of days.
Love,
Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment