Dear Jack,
The other day, June 9th actually, I was bored. I had just dropped your sister off at preschool camp and you and I had nothing to do.
So I called my friend Elissa. I don't see her often, but she's the kind of friend that makes it okay to go for awhile without seeing and then still feel like friends. Her son Ben is about six months younger than you and I thought she might let us come over to play.
She did us one better and invited us to a Gymboree class.

Gymboree is one of those things that I thought about with your sister and then got too busy to actually look into. Then with you, I had already found so many other things that I didn't feel the need for a structured play class.

But I have to say, you loved, loved, loved the time we spent there with Elissa and Ben. Ben is, as his mother says, "a baby giant" so the six month difference is completely unnoticeable by size alone.

It's funny to me what a difference six months make at this age and then again how little difference it makes. You and Ben and pretty much at the age where the months start getting to mean less and less. Six months to twelve months is a huge age difference. Apparently twenty months to twenty six months, not so much. You both enjoyed the slides and the inner tubes and throwing everything from balls to Gymbo clowns into the net was great fun.

And everybody loves bubbles, of course.

Mostly, I thought it was nice to see my friend. I miss her and I'm excited that you and her sweet boy will soon be more or less the same age, instead of being a baby and a newborn, or a toddler and a baby. Soon you will both be little boys together.

And maybe the two of you will be friends, too.
Love,
Mom
Gymboree looks very similar to Pip's Little Gym. One of my favorite parts of the week is taking Pip to Little Gym, where he feels free to monkey around to his heart's content on the padded surfaces. We are doing the children's birthday party at Little Gym, too. I'm glad y'all got to experience it, and very glad you got to see a friend!
ReplyDelete