I went this last weekend to see Uncle Dave and Aunt Suzanne's baby, your little cousin Zoe. And I do mean little.
When I compare this picture of me and Zoe to a picture of you at the same age, it looks like I have gained a lot of weight.
Zoe was (I think) about 5 pounds 4 ounces when she was born and around 18 inches long. You, on the other hand, were 9 pounds 4 ounces and 22 inches long.
When we were in Houston the previous weekend, I was so sad that I couldn't go see Zoe since the family was just getting through a stomach virus. Your Aunt Suzanne pointed out that Zoe wasn't going anywhere and I could see her another time.
"But she won't be tiny!" I protested.
"Actually she will," said your aunt.
And I realized it was true. Zoe will probably not be your birth weight for some time. It was a funny thought, but I still wanted to get to see her while she was that tiny, if for no other reason than I never got to hold you or your sister in my arms at that small of a size.
Holding Zoe brought me back to your newborn days and now I can't wait for you to meet her, although I think we will wait until she's a little bigger -- like maybe around nine pounds.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment