I have written many times before about the joy of all things "Jack" and how I have enjoyed Jack - the mural and Jack - the coffee mug.
My latest project was Jack - the tote bag.
It started as an ordinary tote bag -- 50% off this week only at Hobby Lobby.
I then added Jack's beanstalk and the hill for Jack and Jill using green felt.
From there, it was just a matter of doing the detail work with other colors of felt. I made Jack and Jill's well.
Then I made a picnic which included flapjacks, a candlestick for Jack to jump over, and a Christmas pie for Jack to stick his thumb in (and pull out that plum).
Finally, because my editorial eye wouldn't let me crowd the front with it, but it is a favorite part of the scene for me, I put the house that Jack built on the back of the bag.
I was really pleased with the finished product.I was going to say that not every little boy has a front porch fairy that leaves him cool presents, but then I thought of amazon.com and the parade of boxes that are also on the front porch some days. I guess the front porch is just that kind of magical place -- you never know what will be there and what you make with what you find.
Love,
Mom
Good point. Pip always looks for surprises there.
ReplyDelete