Sunday, July 26, 2009

He's Getting So Big!

Dear Jack,

It seems like everywhere we go these days, when we run into someone who knows you, they all say the very same thing,

"He's getting so big!"

I'm actually a little annoyed with that phrase (but maybe just because I'm enjoying this little baby time a lot). Nevertheless, I keep having to agree with it....

"He's getting so big!"

Because on the one hand, I guess you are. I took you to the doctor for your two month shots (boy, you hated those) and you now weigh in at 12 pounds, 12 and half ounces and are 24 inches long. That puts you around the 75% in both weight and height for babies your age.

Even compared to the 9 pounds, 4 ounces, 22 inch baby that came into the world just over two months ago, you are getting so big.

You can hold your head up for fairly long periods of time. You can face forward in the Baby Bjorn carrier and look out on the world. You sit up well in your Bumbo chair. You can inch yourself on the floor by pushing with your feet. You follow things with your eyes and seem very interested in the world around you.

I put you in a polo shirt and shorts for church today. That's what big boys wear to church.


So, yes, you are getting so big.

But before we get carried away, Mister, I do want to point out that your big boy shirt has a line of spit-up on it.

You may be growing at an astonishing rate, but you are still a little baby. So let's not break out the college applications just, yet.

Love,
Mom

1 comment: