Dear Jack,
For the last two days, you and I have been up at the church for about four and half hours each day, sitting in the church nursery, watching some of my friends' kids so that my friends can help with the preschool camp the church is hosting.
Why in the world are we doing that? I guess because I heard that the church needed help and I thought that even though you and I couldn't do a whole lot of arts and crafts, or story times, or any of the other things that they needed volunteers for, we could at least keep an eye on other folks' kids so that they would be free to help.
You won't remember that at three and a half weeks you were helping me volunteer at the church, but there will be many other opportunities in the future that you will remember. My plan is that by setting this example for you, I will be helping you to see the value in giving your time to help others. So that maybe, when you are old enough, you will also want to help out where and when you can. At least that's what I hope for you.
Love,
Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
exactly what i would have done! bravo!
ReplyDeleteGood for you... this has to be the hardest time to share with others, and I'm sure when he does "remember" these times in the nursey, your example will guide him to always lend a helping hand. Kudos!
ReplyDelete