Saturday, June 27, 2009

Excited

Dear Jack,

I am excited. Excited that your Uncle James and his family will be here soon. Excited that your dad is on the way back from the airport with Grandpa and Nana Nolen. Excited that your other grandmas will both be here soon. The whole family is gathering and that is exciting.

But more exciting is the reason for the gathering: your baptism this Sunday.

I am excited that God sent His son for your salvation and for mine. I am excited that God offers you the gift of baptism and that I will be able to give you that gift tomorrow. I am excited that you are a child of God and that tomorrow, in front of all of this family, we will make that statement publicly, boldly, and quite officially.

I am excited for you.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment