Thursday, March 17, 2011

Grandma and a Word about Fish

Dear Jack,

Today your Grandma arrived from Houston. She brought you a new fish book and you could not have been happier. "Fish! Fish! Fish!" you kept repeating as she read it to you.

After reading your fish book a dozen or more times, we went into the backyard. I found a stash of sidewalk chalk inside your little ride on toy (wonder how that happened?) and thought of my friend Summer and her use of sidewalk chalk on walls. Your dad vetoed that, of course, but he never said we couldn't chalk on fences!

You just loved playing in the backyard with your mama and your grandma and your sister watching you. The center of our attention, sweet boy.

Back inside, you had a very disappointing moment. Your grandma and sister kept loudly announcing "go fish" and neither of them had any fish anywhere!

Alas, it was a irrecoverable setback and you had to sit in front of the computer watching a video of real fish just to calm down enough to go to bed.




Tomorrow is another day, son, and we promise not to cry "fish," as it were, any more in this house.

Love,
Mom

3 comments:

  1. Talk about a water baby! I'm glad such fishy videos exist to help soothe him. I like the chalking of the fence. I thought you always chalked the fence, so I'm very glad you have instituted doing so as a new trend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has Jeremy seen the fence yet and commented on it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Jeremy has washed his hands of the fence situation and will one day bother to paint it his way and then expect us to leave it pristine. For now, though, I think I'm free, I mean, the KIDS are free to do as they please. :)

    ReplyDelete