Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

Dear Jack,

Thanksgiving has come and gone. What are we thankful for this year?

Mostly, I think our family. We spent the Thanksgiving week with so many people who love and care for us... Grandma, Gram, Grandpa, Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Nolen, Nana Roberts, Uncle Dale, Aunt Rachel, Aunt Suzanne, Uncle Dave, Aunt Dani, Uncle Mark, Nana Kathi, Uncle David Nolen, The Great Aunt Peggy, Uncle Ken, Aunt Jennie Sue, Uncle Fritz, and so many cousins: Will, Jamie, Jessica, Jonathan, all of the Langs, Nathan and Alana. And that list doesn't encompass all of the family who couldn't make it to Houston this visit. How blessed are we!

I loved watching you and your cousins on Thanksgiving Day, playing at The Great Aunt Peggy's house, spreading dirt everywhere, running amuck with sticks and stones and having a grand old time.

There is so much that God has given to our family and a lot of it I feel like comes to you through your dad and me: the house we live in, the cars we drive, the food we eat, the toys you play with, the places we go. But the things that really touch my heart are the ones He provides that I don't see my hand in at all: the extended family that loves you, the good health, the peaceful country we live in.

And I just want to take a moment, especially today, to be thankful for it all. For your sake and for mine.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment