Dear Jack,I don't always know what's going on with you. Some days, it seems like you are grouchy and grumpy and nothing is right. Then, a few days later, you are the happiest boy in the world. My only real guess is that these fussy times seem to end just as a new tooth breaks through, so you must be very sensitive to teething pain.
Whatever is going on, you are in a happy place now. All weekend, you were laughs and giggles and today was more of the same.
We went to the Austin Nature Center. Your sister was sweet enough to plug your ears for you in deference to the road noise from Mopac.
You and she splashed around in the water. I think you also tried to eat some rocks, but I'm hoping you were largely unsuccessful.After playing in the water, we went to the part of the Nature Center that your sister calls "Prince John's Backyard." Last time we were there, you were stroller-bound and unimpressed. Today, though, you understood the coolness of an open area that few others (we've only ever seen one other family there) care to visit. You walked all around Prince John's Backyard. You stopped for some snacks and a lot of water and then walked some more.
I'm so glad that you had such a good time today.Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment