It has been a busy, busy weekend.
I am so disappointed that I didn't get a picture with you and your Gram at your first birthday. I also didn't get a picture of the Fords with you after they arrived.
But just because I don't have all of the pictures doesn't mean those folks weren't here. And a lot of people who care about you live too far away to come, so don't forget about them, either.
But here are some of the pictures I did get:
Grandma and JackAfter your birthday party, we hung out a little bit with your Uncle Jonathan, until it was time for him to go. I love, love, love him for getting up early in the morning (after staying up ridiculously late) to drive three and a half hours to come to your birthday party even though he had so many other folks in Houston who wanted to see him.
After Uncle Jonathan and Gram had left, we went out to dinner with Grandma, Aunt Dani and Aunt Kathi. I know your Grandma worries that you don't know her very well since she lives so far away, but you don't giggle and laugh for just anyone, so you must think she's pretty special.
Finally, we spent today wandering around the square in Georgetown with Aunt Dani and Aunt Kathi. It was a pretty hot day and by the end, you were getting miserable. When your Aunt Dani opened her bottle of water and you cried for it, I was starting to wonder where and how I could get you a drink, too, but your Aunt Dani just decided to give you hers. Then, when your sister took that bottle, Aunt Kathi gave up her drink. I knew they were thirsty too and told them how much I appreciated them sharing their water with you. "As if we could enjoy water when we see how thirsty Jack is," they said. Those two ladies love you a lot, Jack.
All of your family does.Especially me.
Happy First Birthday, Jack!
Love,
Mom



No comments:
Post a Comment