Dear John,
It's a whole new year. 2012. Twenty-twelve. Two thousand twelve.
So far, the first twenty-four hours of 2012 have been wonderful. We celebrated the coming of the new year with our church friends. I really like hanging out with these families and was pleased to be included in their New Year's celebration.
I liked that you and your sister got to run around and play all evening long. It reminded your dad and me of the way our parents would take us over to their friends' homes and the kids would just sort of fend for ourselves, trying to stay off of the parents' radar. At various points the noise level, or the slamming of doors or the sounds of injury (that would be your nose and Ava's door colliding, but you recovered just fine, so no worries) would bring the parents upstairs to see what was going on. It was sort of funny to be on the parent end of that kind of evening for one of the first times.
You and your sister, as well as Abigail and Sean, made it all the way to midnight. Ava and Emelia crashed just after eleven.
So we all met the new year with friends and with our little family.
I have high hopes for 2012. Your dad and I married in 2003. Your sister was born in 2006. You were born in 2009. I guess the pattern of threes is in me now. I want to know what wonderful gift 2012 will bring.
And if the answer is another wonderful year with you and your sister and your dad, then that is all the gift I really need.
Happy New Year!
Love,
Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment