Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Stroll

Last Saturday, after Uncle Jonathan left, we went out the Christmas Stroll.  You and your dad and sister enjoyed the new sculptures around the square.
 
I enjoyed finding something local and cool to spend my money one -- in this case, organic raw honey from Bubba's Beez.
You and your sister and dad also enjoyed the Home Depot area where you both made helicopters.
 
Then we went to my favorite: Downtown Bethlehem.
I am somehow not surprised that you were very taken by the baker's tent.
I was a little surprised at the attention to detail you showed at the mosiacs tent.
Your favorite, though, was finding the stable and watching the performance.  You sat through two full performances and part of a third, just entranced.
You talked about all of the characters, Mary, Joseph, Baby Jesus. I love that you already have a grasp of the Nativity story.  I love that as busy and fast-moving the season seems to be to me this year, there was time for you to sit and watch the story of Christ's birth three times.

I love making this time of year fun and exciting for you and your sister.  I just want to make sure that everything is still focused on Jesus and the anticipation of His birth.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment