Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Kemah Boardwalk

Dear John Patrick,

How much fun can we pack into a week?  I guess the real question is how many carousel rides can we pack into one week?  My current answer is four, although I am a little bitter that we missed the one at the Ren Fair.... it could have been five.

Wednesday we went to the Kemah boardwalk with Uncle Jonathan, Grandpa and Nana Nolen, Aunt Rachel Will and Jamie.
Your sister got to ride many, many, many rides with your dad and Uncle Jonathan and Will.  I know that you are very much looking forward to the trip that you are tall enough to ride with them.  This time, you had to settle for the two kiddie rides and the now familiar carousel.  At least your sister joined you for a few rides while Will was off with your dad and Uncle Jonathan on the one ride that even your sister wasn't tall enough to ride.
 
  
After spending over an hour riding all of the rides, we went to Landry's to eat some really good seafood.  This made your daddy very happy!
Your Nana played, very patiently, with you while we waited for the food to arrive.
I was amused by your Uncle Jon's dedication to suit preservation.
After lunch, we left the restaurant and headed to the Aquarium to see more fish.  This time the kind of fish you like to see, and not the kind your dad and uncle like to eat.
I loved watching you, once again, enamored by the rays.  These rays are the bigger ones (when they are smaller, they keep them at the Downtown Aquarium; when they get too big, they bring them to the Kemah Aquarium).
I was so happy that you got this time with your uncle, your aunt and your cousins.  All of you got to go to the Downtown Aquarium with your Gram and so it was nice to be able to share the Kemah experience with your Grandpa and Nana.
I know all of you had a wonderful time.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment