Sunday, May 22, 2011

Zoo with Uncle Jon and Gram

Dear Jack,

You know I like to plan things in advance. I have had our summer calendar ready since the first weekend of May. And really, I started it the month before. I like to plan. But when your Uncle Jonathan let us know that he was coming in this weekend, all plans were dropped and we made our way to Houston.

We met Uncle Jon at the Houston Zoo and while you weren't sure about the tall lanky man we kept reassuring you was your father's brother, you were very confident about the first stop we made at the zoo... the aquarium!

The aquarium at the Houston Zoo is really pretty small, but you made the circuit about a dozen times. I asked you at one point if you wanted to see the elephants. "No 'phant!" you said. I asked if you wanted to see the giraffes. "No 'raffes!" you said. "More fish!"

I do love that you are getting better and better at communicating your desires.

Your favorite fish this visit, though, was the ray. "Ray!" "Ray!" "Big ray!" you said over and over and over again.

The only other animals we actually saw were the monkeys. The zoo was crowded and your daddy didn't feel well, so we left after almost an hour at the fish and then an hour of walking through the primate area, riding the carousel twice (which you did let Uncle Jon take you on when your daddy bowed out and your mama wouldn't go around in circles even for you), and through the reptile house.


You had so much fun at the zoo and I'm glad that your Uncle Jon and your Gram were part of the experience, even if you really never left your mama's side.

Love,
Mom

2 comments:

  1. You wouldn't get in circles? Huh? Can you explain that one more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go around in circles... as in I get motion sick. I think I said it wrong. Editing now.

    ReplyDelete