Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sweet Berry Farms

Dear Jack,

Today we took you and your sister out to Sweet Berry Farms.

Mostly, this is about my desire to take cute pictures of the two of you. Fortunately for all involved, once I have the pictures I want, I am happy to let people play and do as they please.

So after getting the perfect pictures, both of you and your sister individually, and the two of you together, it was time to do the corn maze.

Last year, you were a little 5 month old baby and had to stay with me in the stroller while your dad and sister did the maze. This year, you were running around it all by yourself. What a difference a year makes!

I thought about that a lot because it was at Sweet Berry Farms last year that I nursed you for just about the last time. You were pretty much weaned before we came, and I had bottles for you. But while your dad and sister did the hayride and picked flowers, you were tired and fussy and the only thing that would help was that unique combination of nutrition and nurturing. So I brought you back to that tree we sat under, thinking of how hard it was a year ago to let go of that bond and how glad I am that we had it for as long as we did. I suppose some day you will be mortified to know this background information about Sweet Berry Farms and that tree right there, but for me it will always be a part of the charm of the place.

Well, that and the fact that they sell Jacks.

Oh!?! Not the Jack puns again!?!

Love,
Mom

2 comments: