I am certain that I specifically told you to stay a little baby. Why do you insist on becoming a big boy?
Today was Open House at your school and every time I see you at day care I am amazed at how grown up you are getting. The other day, I came and you were sitting, perfectly still, on a little circle mat listening to your teacher sing to you. How does she get a 16 month old to sit like that?
I did enjoy seeing you play with all of the toys at school. You are in the midst of your in-and-out stage and liked putting rocks in the trucks and dumping them out again.
You also enjoyed the slide and I wish I could have captured the moments after the sliding better because that's when you showed off the thing that you have been learning at school: signing. You do "more" very well and after every slide, you would put your hands together and say "mmmm" very clearly.Your teacher also commented that you are very interested in communicating and are very ready to learn how to talk. She also mentioned that you are a great helper and put away toys for her when she asks. I told her you like order and it's true. At home, you like to put things away. You must get that from your dad.
I really struggled with the choice to move you to a daycare when your sister was ready to transition. I think there is a lot about home care that is better for little ones like you, but I like your teacher a lot and she only has five or six toddlers, which isn't too bad. She obviously likes you a lot and that is very important to me.
The real measure, though, is that on the days that you stay late, your teacher leaves before you do and when she leaves, you cry and cry. Just like you cry when I leave you. So I know that you like her a lot, too.
And that's the most important part to me.
Love,
Mom
Sounds like it's working for him well, even if you understandably aren't quite ready for the growing up.
ReplyDelete