You explored a whole new world today. Your backyard.
I have taken you to a lot of cool places, but I think one of your favorites had to be this one.
It's a fairly common theme. The idea of leaving home in search of something wonderful only to find that there isn't a place nicer than your own backyard.
I have no idea if this theme holds up well over time, but you certainly did like the backyard. You crawled all over the grass and thanks to the socks on your hands, didn't eat any of the leaves, dirt, rocks, or sticks you were eying. You pulled up on all of the Little Tikes playscapes in the backyard and crawled under the big one and played ships at sea on it with your dad and sister.It is one of the benefits to being the second-born that we already have kid-friendlied the house and yard. When your sister was your age, we didn't even have a fence and the only time she got to go outside was on the front porch or being held. Now, we have the entire backyard fenced in with all sorts of fun things to play with and do.
You also have a ready playmate in your sister and on the one hand, I think that is wonderful for you and I can imagine you guys have many glorious adventures. It also makes me a little sad in that I have watched your sister entertain herself for up to an hour in that backyard and I hope that you will have the desire and opportunity to do the same, but I suspect that it will be more appealing to play with a big sister than wonder around on your own.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Either way, I was glad to have the chance to introduce you to the great outdoors. Little Tikes style.
Love,
Mom
What a good idea to put socks on his hands.
ReplyDeleteThanks. Initially I was thinking of protecting his hands from the prickliness of the ground, but then once we were out there, I noticed that it kept him from grabbing little things and putting them in his mouth as well.
ReplyDelete