I keep asking myself if I really intend to maintain separate blogs for you and your sister. There are days like this past Saturday when we all went to the Children's Museum and it seems that one post would do.
But then I write the post on your sister's blog, talking about all the cool exhibits at the museum and I realize that your experience was completely different than hers.
She played with cool things and got to experience what they could do. You got to play in a cool environment and were free to experience all the things you can do.
Because of the perfect height of the dividers, you could bend down to pick up toys.
You crawled all over the place.
You (and your new best friend), crawled up and over "barriers."
And you learned to let go with one hand to switch which side you want to hold on to.
You are so impressive to me, sweet boy. You are eight months old as of yesterday, and already you have so much movement in you. I look at you trying new things and pushing the limits of your physicality and I marvel.But do you want to know my very favorite part of the museum experience with you?
Holding you while you slept, of course. You may be going places, but you still come back to your mama when it's time for snuggles.Love,
Mom
I love that first picture.
ReplyDeleteAw, how sweet. That must be the new tot area? There were not any baby/toddler water areas when we went (that I saw anyhow). Jack is adorable and quite the mover and shaker! I'm glad he's still so wearable.
ReplyDeleteOh, you were the one who taught me that babywearing should not end with increased mobility. With Sydney, she crawled and then walked and I never wore her again. But then when I saw how well Pip did in church in his Bjorn, I was all, Jack will never know what it is like to be in public not being worn at least part of the time for a very, very long time. It's so much nicer than running after a toddler.
ReplyDeletePip's legs are so long now that we hardly ever wear him, but he is 18 months, so I guess it couldn't last.
ReplyDelete