I worried over you when we found out you had gone from a perfectly respectable head down position to a breech position just a week before your expected arrival. I laughed when the waters around you burst on the day you were 39 weeks after the doctor told me he wouldn't bring you into the world any earlier than that very day. I cried happy tears when they told me from the other side of a surgical drape, "oh, yes, it's a boy." And when someone tried to ease me about them whisking you away from me in the operating room, I told them it was fine... I would have years and years to look at you and be with you. I could wait another hour. I have only really known you for a few months, seen you for a few hours, held you for even less, and already, I love you, my darling boy.
Welcome to the world!
Love,
Mom
(P.S. In case you want the nitty-gritty more so than how your mom felt about it all: You arrived yesterday, May 17, 2009 via C-section after turning breech and then refusing to turn back. You weigh 9 pounds, 4 ounces, and are 22 inches long, which might explain why you couldn't turn back after all. You eyes are a beautiful sapphire blue, and you have a head of thin medium brown hair.)
Ahhh, I'm so hapy for you, and you both look beautiful. I thought you were having a boy. I can now officially look for cute baby boy outfits.
ReplyDeleteAnd how are you posting this a day after having him?
Congrats to you, Jeremy, Jack's big sis! I am so happy you finally got to meet the little guy.
ReplyDeleteYou both look beautiful! I'm so proud of you! I love this blog, it is awesome! I can't believe you are doing so well. Many happy wishes.
ReplyDeleteI love you!
Yea!! A sweet baby boy! :) He's precious, and he has the best birthday ever!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteA big sister and a little brother - I think it's a perfect family arrangement : ).
ReplyDeleteMom and son look wonderful; surely Sydney and Dad are bursting with joy, too! Your instincts about when to wrap up at school were right on target. Bet your students were happy to hear the news - and I'm still grinning from ear to ear! Congratulations and blessings to your family.
Yay! He's beautiful.
ReplyDeleteYay!!! Congratulations!! I found out from Mrs. "M" this morning. Thank you for posting pictures. I was so afraid I was going to have to wait a few days. Spicy Girl is asleep, so I'll have to show her the picture tomorrow. Again, congratulations. He's just perfect!
ReplyDeleteYeah, I'm so excited for you guys! Such a beautiful child, not much of a surprise there though, I mean he is related to me ;)
ReplyDeleteWishing you all the best,
Love,
D