Saturday, February 11, 2012

Friendship IS Love

Dear John,

To show you and your sister (and some of our friends) how much we love you, your dad and I hosted a kid valentine party (slash free babysitting) which we called "Friendship is Love."

I thought it was a great way to spend the evening.
 
 
 
On of my favorite parts was making little mail boxes for the parents.  You and your sister decorated ones for your dad and me and your friends made them for their parents.  Then we let the two older girls write their own notes and your dad and I helped the rest of you write yours.  Everyone wrote notes to their parents about why they love them.  I wanted a little glimpse into what you and your sister find meaningful in the ways your dad and I show love to you.  I know what you said about your dad and I can't wait until Valentine's Day to read what you had him write about me.

For today, though, the thing that makes me love you so much is that you spent about half of the party being Butterfly Boy.
I love you, sweet boy!

Love,
Mom

1 comment: